Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Year's Resolution: The Perfect Lawn

Happy 2012!

I have made it my New Year's Resolution to finally get my garden in order. After spending a lot of time last year on the interior of our home (especially the bathroom) it is time to concentrate on the outside.

The garden is in a bit of a state. Most of the lawn is just muddy grass and the borders are overgrown with weeds. I will have to wait until spring to get planting (although once the weather is warmer and the ground isn't frozen I can start weeding). The lawn on the other hand poses more of a challenge.

Every time it rains large puddles collect on the grass meaning that there is a lot of mud and not much lawn. I just don't have time to cultivate the perfect lawn so I've been thinking of getting some astroturf or artificial grass. I didn't realise how popular artificial lawns were. One site, Tigerturf Landscape caught my eye.

Astrotuf comes in lots of different varieties and I was surprised by how natural it looks. Best of all the grass doesn't need mowing! It's also environmentally friendly as it's made from recycled plastic. Think of all the carbon I'll save by not having to use the lawnmower. Plus there won't be any need to put artificial chemicals and fertilizer down.

So my resolution for 2012 is to install some artificial turf in my back yard this year. I'll post some pictures once it's underway.

Keep your garden weed free with japanese knotweed eradication