Most budget beds are offered without mattresses, and you'll have to pick out your own mattress to fit the bed. The style and material of mattress that you choose will depend on a number of factors, including your height and weight, any allergies you have, and whether you sleep alone or with a partner. Some mattress discounters will give you advice on choosing a mattress, but it's a good idea to have an idea of what you want before you start shopping.
There are several different types of mattress that you can buy to use with your budget beds, they include:
- Continuous coil mattress: This is the cheapest type of mattress, and a big seller for mattress discounters. This type of mattress is fine for a single bed, but will wear out quickly in a double bed. The springs are linked, and if your partner rolls over, you'll feel their every move.
- Open coil mattress: This type of mattress will last longer than a single coil mattress, and is generally considered to be more comfortable, and one of the best mattress types in terms of cost to comfort ratio.
- Pocket sprung mattress: This type of mattress is popular among people who sleep on their side. The mattress provides good support for your spine, but is more expensive than an open coil mattress.
- Memory foam mattress: Memory foam is heat sensitive, and moulds to your body. These mattresses are great in the winter, but can feel excessively warm in the summer. They're popular for people with joint pain, but can be quite expensive.
- Foam or Latex Mattresses: If you have allergies, then this type of mattress might be the best choice for you.
If you're buying a new mattress, shop around and try a few different mattress discounters before you make your choice. Don't be shy about trying out a few different mattresses until you find one that you like. It's your comfort, and your health that is at stake, so it pays to be fussy.
This post was written by James Harper on behalf of the Original Factory Shop. James writes on subjects relating to home improvements and interiors.